Yes, I am referring to the Gang RAPE incident.
Delhi, the farthest city which my mom travelled to quite often over the last year and a half. The city I wanted to explore a lot more. A city whose surroundings I still want to visit, photograph, and capture in my memory.
First it came across a daily news item, a headline on my phone, feeling bad as usual, not an inspiration for any action. It was a headline, which surprised me for that was almost a daily occurrence at the rape capital.
Rape Capital - a label to be ashamed of, for that's also the capital of my country.
Dear friend, wait and look how fast / how content / at ease we are once we put a "label".
Label/No-Label :::: Statistics/reality says a lot, and numbers don't lie.
Open your eye, look around you, lean back ! now again look around you.
I am keeping my eyes on Delhi, I looked around, looked back from my memories of Delhi, and what was Delhi made up of, and what's around Delhi.
Down south in relatively nice and safe Bangalore. A single guy sitting writing his blog post, awaiting his 30th birthday.
"Hey I'm single, so are many of my friends (guys) my age. My classmates, friends are all either started delivering kids and have even moved on till even their third kid. Ok, the final Batsmen are finally having their wickets fall but still a gap is obvious even as I realise I do know a few single ladies... There are considerably less girls around"
For those of you who still managed to keep your eyes fixed on Delhi, let us make list of some its neighbours
- Uttar Pradesh
- Bihar ??
- A Kid was raped inside a store (while the shopkeeper's friends diverted the relatives of the girl who came looking for her)
- A middle aged woman was drugged and raped in Delhi
- Will anything ever change ??
- what will deter these cowards.
- Hopeless Situation is this, totally out of any sense of repair.
- Women want to live, play all the roles they possibly be can be it their hobbies, career, learning, be a kid, be a friend, be a mother, be a winner, be a equal . . .
- Its high time we (men & women) accepted this and gave the respect, and acceptance to this fact.
- Its high time we overcame our insecurities
- Its high time we embraced change
- Let every girl live, be born, express her possibility fully in this world.
We (including me) are responsible for every atrocity. Its my duty to stand up, You/I may be beaten by the guy in this incident. Me even loose our lives. But what life it is to live of a coward. Live a life for a second than hide for a hundred years.
- You don't have to get violent / need to.
- But Never ignore any indecent, speak out, say you disapprove
- Its not out Govt. / Police / Law that can give us solutions
- Its high time INDIA stood up for itself.
- Thank you countrymen for standing by for standing by a fellow countrymen for what was done to her by some of our own.
- Her identity is still not been disclosed. Good work (doctors, police)
- Thanks for offers of help (docs, politicians, public - INDIANS)